The provision of trials at Shelbourne Park formed part of an agreement between the DGOBA and the Irish Greyhound Board in respect of the transfer of operations from the Harold’s Cross Greyhound Stadium to Shelbourne Park.
The agreement provided as follows:
Private trials will be granted at Shelbourne Park until the end of the current IGB Board term, which concludes December 2018. The impact of the trials in Shelbourne Park business and industry will be reviewed in January 2019.
The Irish Greyhound Board has had discussions with the DGOBA regarding this item and there is a difference of opinion regarding whether or not private trials should be continued at Shelbourne Park. The Irish Greyhound Board has appointed a Working Group representative of all stakeholders to examine the issue. The Working Group consists of:
· PADDY RYAN – Chair (Former General Manager of Shelbourne Park and member of the Shelbourne Park Advisory Council).
· RAY MULVANEY (Representing the Bookmaker sector).
· BRENDA POWDERLEY (Representing the Shelbourne Park Advisory Council and wider industry).
· PAUL HENNESSY (Representing trainers and wider industry).
· DEREK FREHILL (Leinster Racing Office Manager)
· KEN MANN DGOBA nominee
· ORLA KELLY DGOBA nominee
The Working Group is tasked with reviewing the provision of private trials at Shelbourne Park and making recommendations to the Board of the IGB regarding any future arrangements.
Interested parties are offered an opportunity to submit their views, opinions and observations to the Working Group. Any submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Working Group has been requested to submit a report for consideration at the February Board meeting any submissions should be made by 7th February 2019.